Nintendo 64 gets their first game release in 16 years
The unreleased Nintendo 64 game 40 Winks could be finally making a release to the console . Nearly 17 years later after the fall of the company ,GT Interactive the company originally behind the game. Piko Interactive have now jump in, and took over the development.
Giving us gamers the chance to see it shine on the Nintendo 64 and potentially the SEGA Dreamcast. 40 Winks or ( Ruff and Tumble as known in Europe ) did have a commercial release on the Sony PlayStation. Here are a couple of snaps.
Game introduction and Game Features
40 Winks is an action platformer where you control brother and sister, Ruff and Tumble. Your goal is to collect 40 Winks scattered around the world to stop an evil man called Nitekap. Nitekap wants to turn the winks into hood-winks who are responsible for giving children nightmares.
- Transform into different characters! Attack as a stealth ninja, fight as ferocious monster, or fly into action as a super hero!
- Tons of mini-games as well! Race dragons, strap on a rocket, and more!
- 6 themed levels – a scary castle, shipwreck city, outer space, deep down underwater, back to the prehistoric
- world of T-Rex and giant wasps and into the nightmare world of ghosts and monsters.
- Co-op 2 player mode exclusive only to the N64 version.
40 Winks will be the very FIRST N64 game released after the console was discontinued by Nintendo. There has not been any other homebrew, indie, or unreleased game produced officially since then.
(infomation taken from the 40 winks Kickstarter page)
For more information about funds allocation ,pledge bundles and more please head to their Kickstar project page